Wednesday, March 14, 2012
What's Cooking: "Baked" Apple Crisp for Two
- 2 medium apples, of your choice, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light/whipped butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon stevia/splenda/low cal sweetener of choice, or more depending on desired sweetness and tartness of apples)
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- optional: 4 tablespoon light whipped topping
- Arrange the apple slices along the bottom of a microwave safe dish and set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until crumbly (everything except for the whipped topping of course!).
- Sprinkle the crumble over apples.
- Cover the bowl with a microwave safe cover, (saran wrap pierced with a fork a few times will do), and microwave for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the apples are soft and can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Serve warm, with 2 tablespoons of light whipped topping with each serving if desired!
Sorry, no freezing instructions. When you smell it, you won't want to freeze it anyways!
160 calories per serving
For a crispier topping, you could make this exact recipe in the oven! Simply bake the apple crisp in a 8×8 baking dish at 375 for 35-40 min or until apples are soft, and the topping is lightly browned.