Friday, March 16, 2012
What's Cooking: Zucchini Chips
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch disks
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs (I like Panko, but you could make your own ‘fiber one’ breadcrumbs or use whatever type of bread crumbs you like)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese (or grated asiago cheese)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*Optional season variations: 1/4 teaspoon of any of the following: dried onion powder, oregano, Mrs.Dash seasoning, Cajun seasoning, Stevia, parsley, or basil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil will work, but parchment paper works best), and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Wash zucchini and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan and seasoning in one bowl. Place the egg whites in another bowl.
4. Dip zucchini slices in the egg whites, followed by the breadcrumb mixture, coating them evenly.
5. Spread zucchini out on in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast 7 minutes. Turn zucchini over. Roast another 7-8 minutes, or until coating is crispy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Sorry, no freezing instructions.
Servings: 4 (One Serving ~ About 1 Cup)
Calories: 60 Per Serving