Wednesday, February 15, 2012
What's Cooking: Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 Large chicken breast
- 1 Red apple, cut into small squares
- About a half a cup of chopped celery
- A large handful of red grapes- each grape sliced in half
- About half of a red onion, finely chopped
- A handful of chopped walnuts or pecans
- About 1/2 cup of low fat plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- Salt, pepper
Boil the chicken until fully cooked. Let it cool somewhat, then chop into small pieces. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and stir.
Place individual portions of salad into quart-size freezer bags. Label and freeze. To serve: Thaw in refrigerator. Serve chilled.