Friday night is pizza night! This was my first attempt at homemade dough and yeast. Turned out pretty good!
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cooking spray
- Pizza toppings
1. Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
2. Stir in very warm water and cooking oil.
3. Stir in more flour to make a soft dough.
4. Knead (fold, push, turn) dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (4-6 minutes).
5. Cover dough with a cloth and let it rest on the floured surface for about 15 minutes.
6. Spray cooking spray on a large pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
7. Flatten dough with a rolling pin to fit your pizza pan.
8. Bake dough in a preheated 400oF oven for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and add toppings.
10. Return pizza to oven for 10 to 20 minutes or until done.
We used a 15 oz can of Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce and found it to be waaaay too much sauce for one pizza. We also topped our pizza with some shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and more mozzarella cheese.
Here is a helpful video to see how the dough should look: