Sunday, April 28, 2013
What's Cooking: Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
3. Lightly spray a little more cooking spray on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.